Friday, February 09, 2007

An old favorite


Chiantis, in the NE, is by far my most frequented GF establishment. It's a pasta house with great cheap pasta nights (sun-tues) and GF bread warmed and brought to the table so you can feel just like everyone else.

The owner is Dave McBeth and he is so super with every order I have ever placed. Rod is also a manager there and he takes care of me when Dave isn't there. I usually ask my server, unless it is Rod or Diane, who are super experienced and cautious, to ask Dave to place the order for my GF meal. He always goes to the back and has a new pot of water set out and a clean utensils used for every step of the way.

Their pasta menu consists of a host of pasta choices and sauces to top it off with. Most of their sauces can be made GF and if not Dave will suggest for you the closest alternative. The appetizers are not all GF or even Celiac-friendly but there are some goodies that are. The shrimp and prawn appies are GF, ask for no seasonings if you are really sensitive as I find that whatever mix it is bothers me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home